We would love to have your help in providing for the needs of immigrants here along the border. Below are HUGE ways you can help out our work.
Our partners serving asylum-seekers in Matamoros, Mexico are requesting handmade face masks. These masks are a simple preventive measure which may be able to help contain the spread of the virus in the community of immigrants living in close quarters awaiting their asylum hearings.
The supplies can be purchased online, and completed masks can be shipped to where they need to go.
Please email us for more information if you can help with this urgent project!
UPDATE: For now, we have a direct channel for sharing new clothing, in the original tags/packaging. Used clothing is still helpful, but may take us longer to get into the hands of people who need it
Used clothes should be clean, in good shape, and not have inappropriate images on them (i.e. sexualized ads, death images, etc.). Women’s clothing should be modestly cut.
- All children’s sizes
- Adult sizes Small and Medium (some size Large is OK but XL and above are a burden on us, please do not send them)
- Flip-flops (new only)
- Socks (new only)
- Shoelaces (new only)
IMPORTANT: Please wash, fold, sort, and label clothes by gender and size before sending them. We need to be able to take your nicely bundled stack of child-male-underwear-size 7 and set it on the shelf by the same name. When you do this as a group project it saves the clothes from just sitting around in storage until we have someone come visit to do it.
- Solar/battery-powered lanterns
- Small, portable, educational toys and activities for children
Bulk Hygiene Supplies
- Mosquito Repellent
- Lice combs
- Lice shampoo
- Soap (not detergent bars)
- Wash cloths
- Baby formula
- Diapers (all sizes)
- Feminine hygiene products
Bulk Dry Food
Who gets this stuff?
We distribute these supplies to our partners who are working with immigrants as they need them. Currently this includes:
- Resource Center, Matamoros provides a safe space for services to support the asylum-seekers waiting in Mexico. In addition to providing a healing prayer service at the Center, we seek to bring supplies to help care for the hundreds of people in the “tent city.”
- La Posada Providencia in San Benito, TX is an emergency shelter for immigrants and asylum seekers. Clients are provided with food and shelter as well as English language and citizenship training as they wait for their legal immigration processes to be resolved.
- Culture of Life Ministries in Harlingen, TX provides respectful, affordable, Christ-centered healthcare to the under-served in our community.
MAIL SUPPLIES TO:
Trinity on the Border
412 W. Van Buren Ave.
Harlingen, TX 78550
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call or text us at 956.887.0182.